How to Transfer and Withdraw Your PF Balance?

1) Submitting your withdrawal claim through your employer

To submit your PF withdrawal claim through your employer you need submit the following forms:

  1. Form 19
  2. Form 10C
  3. Form 15G

There are two types of forms. The (UAN) forms are meant to be filled when the employee wants to withdraw funds without the intervention of the employer. If you wish to withdraw your provident fund balance with your employers help, you don’t need to fill up the (UAN) forms.

You need the signature of an authorised signatory and the company stamp at the bottom of each page of the forms.  Also make sure all the details you’ve filled up are accurate and they match the details that you’ve provided to your employer.  Here are the documents you need to submit along with these forms (All documents are compulsory).

  1. Employee’s PAN Card copy
  2. Cancelled cheque (if your name isn’t printed on the cancelled cheque, attach a copy of bank statement or passbook first page as well)
  3. Member UAN Number is compulsory, and without this PF form won’t be accepted by PF department. (Click here to know how to generate your UAN number)

Once you’ve completed the forms and attached your required documents, submit these to your  past employer.  Once, you’ve done that, the employer will submit it to the registered PF office and complete the formalities for your PF withdrawal claim.

2) Submitting your PF claim without your employer 

In order to use this method of claiming your PF balance, employees need to have their Form 11 completed and submitted.  This form has been made compulsory since Jan 2016. Hence, it isn’t a problem for those who have been contributing since then.  However, for older PF members,   who haven’t contributed in 2016, this form may not be filled. In such cases, employees can only withdraw their PF amount via the employer.

Here are the lists of forms employees need to fill out to submit their withdrawal claim without the employer. You need to attach a cancelled cheque of the relevant bank account along with these forms.  You also need to ensure that it is signed and stamped by a bank manager before you submit it.

  1. Form 19 (UAN)
  2. Form 10(C) (UAN)
  3. Form 15G

Before filling out these forms ensure that the following requisites are completed:

  1. You must have your UAN number
  2. Your UAN account should be activated.
  3. The UAN database should have your bank account number, PAN card and AADHAAR number
  4. All of the above KYC documents should be approved digitally by your employer.
  5. You must register on the UAN portal.
  6. All the personal information available at UAN portal should be correct.
  7. Attach a cancelled cheque along with these forms.

How to transfer your Provident Fund balance?

  1. Go to the EPFO website at and create your UAN based login ID.
  2. This will take you to a page where you have to enter your UAN, mobile number and details of current employer like state, establishment number and account number.
  3. Then you need to check if account is eligible for a transfer on the EPFO site. You need to fill in the state where the employer was located and search by name or establishment number from a dropdown menu.
  4. After you have filled in the details, click on Check Eligibility.
  5. The site will then let you know if your account is eligible, or not. If it is, then you can register on the EPFO website.
  6. You have to submit a valid photo ID such PAN card, Aadhaar or driving licence. The website will also send a PIN to your mobile which you have to verify.
  7. Submitting the PIN successfully will give you a confirmation message. Continue further.
  8. This will take you to the EPFO Member Claims Portal, To log in you have to provide the document ID and phone number. After signing in, you can see all options.
  9. Go to the top tabs and click on Request for transfer of account.
  10. You can now access and fill in PF transfer form. It has three broad parts:
    • First, you have to enter personal information in the first part. Other than your name and email you have to enter IFSC code of the bank and your salary account number.
    • In second part, fill in details of your old PF account
    • In part three, fill in details of current PF account.The claim can be attested by your previous or current employer. It takes some time for their end to do it.
  11. After the form is correctly filled in, you can click preview to see if the information is correct. Or else modify.
  12. After ensuring all the information is correct, enter the captcha and get PIN. Also click “I Agree”.
  13. After entering the PIN, the claim transfer will be initiated.

Questions? Ask us.
%d bloggers like this: